Leadership Tip of the Week
Sometimes when you are pursuing an objective or project, results materialize right away and you can move on to the next thing.
But many times, especially when you are creating a larger and more complex accomplishment it can take longer to take shape and that requires patience.
Many ambitious and determined people, myself included, don’t seem to have an abundance of patience.
While impatience can often help strong and effective people get things done, it can also make them abrupt, snappy, rude or disrespectful.
If you want to remain focused and effective while being impatient follow these principles:
- Be clear about what you want and what you are pursuing.
- Trust yourself and your commitment to come through.
- Have faith in the bigger purpose and the bigger picture behind your endeavor.
- Engage in intentional action consistent with your goals. Don’t let your fears stop you.
There is a saying: “God helps those who help themselves“. You need to believe and have faith. But you also need to be practical and take action.
- Remain, polite, kind, courteous and generous. Never be rude, lose your temper or show disrespect when dealing with others. And, if you screw up, fess up and clean it up!